Communication with the hotel guests is key while establishing brand loyalty. When the guests are not emotionally connected with your brand, they may opt to stay at some other place in the future. Guest writer Are Morch shares his tips for hoteliers
Guests are also likely to get swayed by different factors such as pricing, amenities, and location. For forging a meaningful experience resonating with the guests and turning them into permanent fixtures at your hotel for life, the employees have to concentrate on in-person and authentic conversations.
Here are s0me tips for improving the interactions.
1. Proactive approach When you are proactive, it means you have to be aware of what the guests need from their stay. You can then tell them to another level if you can exceed their expectations. Anticipate their needs by finding out the reasons they are staying in your hotel.
This allows an opportunity to pre-stock the rooms with perks and amenities. It will make their stay a memorable one. You need to streamline your processes and eliminate the things that may result in an adverse experience. You can take help from the software available for this. The communication can be online or personal.
2. Have a responsive attitude You need to respond to negative comments and complaints fast. It is critical that you or somebody from the team communicates with the online followers immediately and develop a personal connection.
In case somebody mentions the name of your hotel in the tags and tweets, you must comment on them for thanking them. There will be some negative reviews and complaints. There is no harm in apologizing publicly. Then move the conversation to private channels. How you deal with complaints will resonate with the customers.
3. Establish regular interaction You need to establish a connection with the guests for maintaining a regular level of interaction during the whole process. Immediately after they have booked a stay, you can send welcome emails together with a few tips and reservation confirmation for their visit.
You can send periodic reminders by email before their check-in date to get them excited about the visit. Reassure them that you are committed to delivering a positive experience to them. This enthusiasm must continue when the guest arrives at the property.
4. Empower the employees Keep in mind that the front-of-the-house employees are your brand’s face. Their interaction and attitude with the guest are the crucial factors in deciding if the guest will visit the place again. Providing top-of-the-line customer service is similar to bread and butter for the hospitality industry.
This is the place where the hotel will have the opportunity to shine. This factor is especially significant when many businesses are clamouring for guests via top-quality customer service. You need to provide proper customer service training especially when you are a new business.
Digital convenience, the next essential of customer experience, is a critical factor in determining how customers make decisions about what to buy, what services to use, where to go, and with whom to engage.
Start opening your hotel’s digital front door, and provide them instant value with just one click! #oneclickaway No app is required for the guest, and your hotel is set to instantly provide a personalized guest experience.
5. Authentic interaction and personalized communication Every interaction with your guest has to be authentic and personalized. This must be true in any event whether they are booking the stay, staying at the property, or after they have left. Encourage your employees to begin a conversation with the guests.
Enquire with them why they are visiting the city and what they intend to achieve during the stay. Your employees can then give personalized tips for local activities and things you can do depending on the interest of the guests. Even the online interactions have to be genuine and as authentic as the in-person ones.
6. Encourage good reviews If you end up leaving a bad last impression, it is worse than the first. Try to eliminate all the surprises when the guest is paying the last bill. This will help in avoiding leaving a terrible last impression. It is all about personal connections when you are trying to garner positive reviews for your property. It is like an insurance policy against the bad ones.
Digital communication for hotels: The world is now digital, and every industry should update their methods of working and make them online. For hotels, there are multiple ways they can make their communication digital and boost their interaction with guests. Some of the ways to do that include:
One-on-one video chats.
Social Media direct messages
Messaging app with a live agent
Conclusion You need to put these tips for hotel guest communication to good use. Keep in mind that how you are interacting with the guests makes all the difference especially when there is a question of future bookings and brand loyalty. There are some articles available online, about hotel reputation management that is worth the read.
Over to you The hotel industry is always changing, especially during a time of crisis. Make sure to future-proof your business and continue attracting new guests by investing in these solutions. This article has been supplied by Are Morch from his blog.
About Are Morch
Are Morch is a Hotel Marketing Coach driven by his passion and love for Hotels. He provides dedicated high-value Social Media marketing services for the Hotel Industry. Together with his Social Media management team, his mission is to help Hotel brands achieve rapid growth and a dominant presence in the ever-changing digital landscape.
We would love to hear from you. Are you from the hospitality industry who would like to share tips, trends and strategies with our hotelier readers? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source : www.staah.com